Betting on Competitive Running
Excelsior Running is the place to find everything about running, like races, longest tracks, including tips to improve your sports betting skills on running.
A Brief History of Competitive Running
Running is a very healthy activity that a lot of people love to practice. Competitive running is something that catches the eye of a lot of people. Competitive running can be categorized in a lot of disciplines all the way from casual marathons up to serious competition like the Olympics. Earliest records of competitive running come from Ireland. In 1829 B.C. a festival was held in order to commemorate the death of Irish queen and goddess Tailte. The festival included a number of physical and mental competitions which included, play acting, hurling and naturally competitive running.
The most popular running competition in history is by far the Olympic games. There is actually a very interesting story of how the Marathon got its name. Legend has it that Pheidippides ran from Athens to Sparta, covering a distance of nearly 240km. Pheidippides did this in order to request help and warn of a Persian invasion of Marathon. He covered this distance in just two days. It is in his honor that that the Olympic planners decided to force the people with the same run for nearly over a 100 years.
The Longest Race Tracks
Since we are on the subject of the Olympic games, let’s have a look at some of the race tracks in the Olympics. There are a lot of disciplines and race tracks in the Olympics. Starting from the sprints that measure at 100m, 200m and 400m. Next we have the middle-distance running. These include the 800m and the 1500m race. After that we have the long-distance running, these include the 5000m race and the 10000m race.
Next we have the hurdling competition, this includes 100m for women, a 110m for men and a 400m for both. Another popular competition is the relay racing. This includes a team of four competitors racing in a 4x100m and a 4x400m race. Finally we have to include the men’s 3000m steeplechase competition.
10 Tips for Betting on Running
- Understand the concept of value and odds – at first these things might be confusing, just keep in mind that there is no such thing as a sure bet and be open to the fact that you’ll learn to spot value as your betting experience grows.
- Understand basic math – since betting is a numbers game, it is critical to learn the basics
- Understand how the bookmakers make the odds – this is also crucial if you want to have an upper hand and be successful at betting.
- Keep a cool head – it is important that you don’t get heated in the moment and lose your cool
- Don’t bet based on emotions – this is also crucial, because you should always make logical decisions, not emotional ones
- Keep things simple – this is the best thing you can do as a beginner, make simple bets and try new ones as your experience grows
- Keep track of form – it is important to keep track of the racers form and how they perform in previous competitions
- Keep track of coach change – a change in coaching staff can make a big difference in the performance of the racer that is why you should keep a close eye on this
- Track and weather conditions – some racer perform better at a certain type of weather conditions
- Stick with the favorites – Don’t take too much risks if you are a beginner and keep things as safe as possible
Upcoming Running Competitions
Running can be considered both as a competition and a type of training. The most popular running event is the Olympics. Many sports fans get together to watch these races, not only that, they also enjoy placing bets on their favorite racers. The best way to do this is via an online casino site. Online casino sites are a great way because they are safe, reliable and provide excellent casino bonuses. One type of casino bonus is the no deposit bonus. The best casinos like PremiumCasinosUSA have all of these options available and the feature you need the most are always at the upfront of the establishment. Safety also is not in questionable hands because of the latest encryption methods used. Worrying is not what you should be doing in an online casino, just try to have fun. Grab the exclusive bonuses before starting.The no deposit bonus is a casino bonus that gives players a couple of free tries in making some real money. Always make sure to choose the online casino site that provides the best odds and casino bonuses, that way you’ll have an advantage on your way to making real money. Furthermore make sure you choose a legal casino. Choosing a legal casino site will ensure that you can be safe while you have fun.